07 February, 2012

January 2012 Birchbox


I know it’s a little late but it took forever to get the pictures taken/edited.

If you don't know what Birchbox is then check out my post What is Birchbox?

Out of this box my favorite items had to be the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume sample and  the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner. Why the perfume sample? ‘Cause Viva La Juicy is my favorite perfume and I needed a little container of it to carry in my purse! ;)
This month my box had:
  • Birchbox Magnet
  • Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
  • LARABAR Mini Bar in Coconut Cream Pie
  • ORIGINS Checks And Balances Frothy Face Wash
  • VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Face-Hand-Body Lotion
  • Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner






Birchbox Magnet
  • Not too sure why they gave us a magnet but oh well, now I can hang something else on my fridge!

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy Perfume Sample
  • Received Size: .05 fl oz
  • Full Size: 3.4 fl oz
  • Full Size Price: $89
  • Sample Worth: Free at a department store
  • I actually was really excited that this was in my box this month. This is one of my favorite perfumes and now I have one to carry in my purse without having to tote around a clunky glass bottle with a pink bow on it. This perfume has such a light, sweet scent to it. I always make sure to spray a tiny bit in my hair after I shower before it finishes drying so every time I shake my head that day I get a whiff of the sweet scent. Ugh, I absolutely love this stuff.

LARABAR Mini Bar in Coconut Cream Pie
  • Received Size: 0.78 oz (mini bar)
  • Full Size: 1.6 oz (full size bar)
  • Full Size Price: Roughly $1.75/bar
  • Sample Worth: $0.88-ish
  • To be honest, I didn't even eat this. I'm not a fan of coconutty things other than lotions but I HAVE tried the LARABAR full bar in Cherry Cobbler and it was good. The Cherry Cobbler bar was very sweet; I could only eat about half of it at one time then I would have to eat the other half a little bit later. I did notice a little boost of energy after I ate half of the bar. It was just enough to push me through the day but wasn't too much to where I felt like I had the jitters all day.

ORIGINS Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
  • Received Size: 1 fl oz
  • Full Size: 5 fl oz
  • Full Size Price: $19.50
  • Sample Worth: $3.90-ish
  • This face wash is very creamy and leaves your skin feeling very clean and refreshed. I've only used it once because I have really sensitive skin and don't want to risk getting it off kilter from my Clinique but the experience I did have with it was very refreshing.

VMH Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Face-Hand-Body Lotion
  • Received Size: 1.02 fl oz
  • Full Size: 4.06 fl oz
  • Full Size Price: $45
  • Sample Worth: $11.25-ish
  • This is a great lotion for just all over. It was a great item to include during the cold weather months because it definitely knows how to nourish dry skin! I used it on my elbows and knees and they feel brand new! No more dry, ashy (yeah, white girls can get ashy too!) elbows or knees!!


Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Peacock
  • Full Size Product Received
  • Full Size Price: $20
  • When they say waterproof, they mean it!! In the image above, the left shows a fresh mark on my hand while the right shows the smudge after I rubbed it like crazy and even rubbed it under running water. That stuff did not want to go ANYWHERE. If you're looking for an eye liner that won't leave you hanging then definitely look into the Stila Smudge Stick. They have a nice array of colors that will make any eye color pop. 


After calculating about how much the samples are worth, this month's box comes to a worth of about $36. That's well over the $10 a month fee. I'd say that's a pretty good deal to me!


Now, go sign up and get some goodies! :) www.birchbox.com


*Disclaimer: All of these opinions are my own and I did not get paid or endorsed in any way to write these reviews.
**All photos belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment