05 November, 2012

NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Compact


I was lucky enough to receive this product in my Beauty Blogger VoxBox to try out for free and write a review on. It comes with a little double ended sponge applicator, eye primer, illuminator, and 4 shades of eye shadow ranging from white to black, all shimmery.

illuminator

I really actually love this illuminator. It blends out so well and matches my skintone perfectly. It adds a nice highlight but doesn't make you look like a disco ball which is really nice! Plus it's sooo creamy.

primer

The primer is okay, nothing super extravagant. I'm always going to be biased by Urban Decay's Primer Potion but this primer is okay for the price you pay. It's kind of cakey to me, finishes a little too 'dry' to me and doesn't really lock in the color as well as it could.


shadows

 For a cheaper compact of shadows the payout is decent. These swatches were without primer so they might show differently with some primer underneath but I just wanted to show the initial payout from silver, silver-grey, dark grey, black. Surprisingly the dark grey is darker than the black, which is actually two layers while the dark grey is only one. The silver is nice, very shimmery but not overly glittery. I definitely approve of the silver.

All in all, it's a decent compact/palette for the price you pay ($4.99) but I'll always be biased and lean more towards higher end brands for the color payout you get. It's a lovely starter compact for someone just getting involved in the makeup world.

*I got this product for free in my Beauty Blogger VoxBox. These images are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment