09 February, 2012

January 2012 Beauty Army

If you don't know what Beauty Army is then go check out my post What Is Beauty Army?

January was Beauty Army’s first month and they sure held themselves together quite nicely! Up until their opening, potential customers were able to submit their e-mail address in order to be notified of when Beauty Army officially launched on January 1st, 2012. When they finally opened their website to the public I don’t think the company was ready for the huge amount of traffic that was swarming the URL almost immediately. The servers actually kept shutting down and the company had to install a new server just to accommodate all of the visitors! Talk about overwhelming. They started out with only offering an initial 300 kits to whoever was lucky enough to get through on the website first. I’m extremely happy to say I was one of those 300 :)

The box everything comes in is so flippin cute and useful! It’s got a flip open top and it’s extremely sturdy. Needless to say, I’ll be putting these boxes to good use around my house! My fave products from January’s kit were the lip balm and the eye cream (eye cream? I feel like I’m getting old now!)

This month I chose for my kit:
  • Cellceuticals Neocell Micro-Resurfacing Skin Treatment
  • Chella Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit
  • Lift Lab Lift & Firm Eye Cream
  • Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser
  • LaRocca Skincare Shield Multi-Active Lip Balm in Proseco
  • MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone Eyeshadow in Sp’ice’y







Cellceuticals Neocell Micro-Resurfacing Skin Treatment
  • Received Size: 0.33 oz.
  • Full Size: 2 oz.
  • Full Size Price: $47.50
  • Sample Worth: $7.92-ish
  • This stuff is very gentle and leaves your skin feeling soft and fresh! I actually used it on my lips and it got all that nasty dead lip skin gunk off.


Chella Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit
  • Received Size: 1 Eye Zone Matrix Mask, 1 Anti-Fatigue Mask Activator
  • Full Size: 4 Eye Zone Matrix Mask, 4 Anti-Fatigue Mask Activator
  • Full Size Price: $45.00
  • Sample Worth: $11.25
  • This eye mask kit is a great little idea. It was nice and refreshing to try out during my spa day. I couldn’t really tell too much of a difference after I used it but My eyes weren’t as puffy as they were so that’s a good thing!


Lift Lab Lift & Firm Eye Cream
  • Received Size: 0.17 oz.
  • Full Size: 0.5 oz.
  • Full Size Price: $95.00
  • Sample Worth: $32.37-ish
  • Honestly, I feel extremely old now saying that I like and use an eye cream on a regular basis but boy, oh boy is this stuff incredible. I use it nightly before bed and have already noticed it starting to help the two fine lines I have under my eyes. Although, my mom who has very oily eyelids to begin with tried this cream out for a week and she said it made her eyes even more oily, causing her mascara to bleed under her eyes. I would say, if you don’t have too oily of eyelids then give it a try and if your eyelids are oily? Stay away.


Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser
  • Received Size: 1 oz.
  • Full Size: 4 oz.
  • Full Size Price: $18.00
  • Sample Worth: $4.50
  • At first, this stuff smelt a little weird to me and I felt REALLY weird having a black soap on my face but it did the job! It’s got tiny srubbies in it to make your skin feel all smooth and soft and your face really glows afterwards! I really appreciated being able to try this stuff out and think it’s great for a once-a-week deep scrub.


LaRocca Skincare Shield Multi-Active Lip Balm in Proseco
  • Full Sized Product Received
  • Full Size Price: $15.00
  • This stuff is great. It’s got a very sheer tint to it and it makes your lips feel AMAZING. For a lip balm/gloss-ish it’s got a pretty decent wear time too. I make sure to carry it with me everywhere.


MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone Eyeshadow in Sp'ice'y
  • Full Sized Product Received
  • Full Size Price: $12.73
  • You wouldn’t think so, but this shadow is actually very creamy when you put it on. I actually found it a lot easier to use my fingers to apply it rather than a brush. It’s also very pigmented so you really almost don’t even need a primer underneath it!
I was actually really pleasantly surprised after I calculated how much all of the samples would be worth. All together, my kit this month came to around $84. Considering I only paid $12, this is an outstanding deal! Can’t wait for February’s box :)

Go sign up and get your own kit to report to duty! www.beautyarmy.com

*Disclaimer: All of these opinions are my own and I did not get paid or endorsed in any way to write these reviews.
**All photos belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment